Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (Published)
- McDonnell, D., & Rutherford, A. C. (2018) ‘Promoting Charity Accountability: Understanding Disclosure of Serious Incidents’ Accounting Forum, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.accfor.2018.05.003.
- McDonnell, D., & Rutherford, A. C. (2018) ‘The Determinants of Charity Misconduct’ Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 47(1), 107-125.
- McDonnell, D. (2017) ‘Improving Charity Accountability: Lessons From the Scottish Experience’ Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 46(4), 725-746.
- McDonnell, D. (2011). Co-operative Study and E-Learning: Lessons from Nova Scotia. Journal of Co-operative Studies, 44(3), 97-103.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (In submission)
- Bhati, A., & McDonnell, D. ‘Success in an Online Giving Day: The Role of Social Media in Fundraising’ Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (In preparation)
- Rutherford, A. C., McDonnell, D., & Hogg, E. ‘Incentivising Regulatory Participation: Examining the Effectiveness of the Fundraising Levy’.
Peer-reviewed Book Chapters
- Edwards, R., McDonnell, D., Simpson, I. & Wilson, A. (2017). Educational backgrounds, project design and inquiry learning in citizen science. In C. Herodotou, M. Sharples, E. Scanlon (Eds.). Citizen Inquiry: A fusion of citizen science and inquiry learning. London: Taylor & Francis.
- McDonnell, D., & Macknight, E. (2015). Policy, principles, and practice: co-operative studies in higher education. In T. Woodin (Ed.). Co-operation, Learning and Co-operative Values: Contemporary Issues in Education (pp. 142-160). London: Taylor & Francis. Books
- McDonnell, D., Macknight, E., & Donnelly, H. (2012). Democratic Enterprise: Ethical business for the 21st century. Glasgow: Co-operative Education Trust Scotland.
- McDonnell, D., & Macknight, E. (Eds.). (2012). The Co-operative Model in Practice: International perspectives. Glasgow: Co-operative Education Trust Scotland.